Bank Holidays in April 2023
In this way, if you have not fixed the working days of your banks for April, then do it immediately, so that when you go to the bank during the days of April, you do not have to come empty-handed from there. Let us tell you that April brings with it a lot of bank holidays. Banks will remain closed for a total of 15 days in April in India. That means banks will function only for half a month of April. According to RBI, today the bank will remain closed continuously for the next three days.
Banks will remain closed for a total of 15 days.
According to RBI, banks are going to remain closed for a total of 15 days in April 2023. Out of this, 4 Bank holidays are on Sunday alone. These holidays will be according to different states, according to the guidelines of RBI, apart from Sunday, there is a holiday in the bank on the second and fourth Saturday of the month.
However, banks remain open on the first and third Saturdays of every month. At the same time, today i.e. April 7, on the occasion of Good Friday, banks are closed, whereas banks do not work on second and fourth Saturdays and every Sunday in the country. In such a situation, there will be no work in the banks for a total of three days.
Festivals in April
Apart from Bank Good Friday, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti, and Eid-ul-Fitr, there are many important festivals in the country in April, due to which banks are going to remain closed for many days this month. However, the customers will not face any problems in doing transactions with their banks through internet banking throughout the month.
Visit Here:- SBI Asha Scholarship 2023
On this day in the month of April, banks will remain closed.
- April 1st (Saturday), except for Mizoram, Chandigarh, Meghalaya, and Himachal Pradesh, all banks will be closed in all states due to annual closing.
- April 4th (Tuesday), on the occasion of Mahavir Jayanti, banks will remain closed in Gujarat, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Chandigarh, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Lucknow, New Delhi, Chhattisgarh, and Jharkhand.
- April 5th (Wednesday), on the birthday of Babu Jagjivan Ram, banks will be closed in Hyderabad.
- April 7th (Friday), on the occasion of Good Friday, except for Tripura, Gujarat, Assam, Rajasthan, Jammu, Himachal Pradesh, and Srinagar, most of the banks will be closed in other states.
- April 14th (Friday), on the occasion of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanti/Bohag Bihu/Chiragoba/Vaisakhi/Baisakhi/Tamil New Year’s Day/Maha Bisuba Sankranti/Biju Mahotsav/Bisu Mahotsav, banks will remain closed in Agartala, Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gangtok, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Telangana, Imphal, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Ranchi, Srinagar, and Kerala.
- April 15th (Saturday), on the occasion of Vishu/Bohag Bihu/Himachal Day/Bengali New Year’s Day (Nababarsha), banks will be closed in Tripura, Assam, Kerala, Bengal, and Himachal Pradesh.
- April 18th (Tuesday), on the occasion of Shab-e-Qadar, banks will remain closed in Jammu and Srinagar.